St. Anne Parish began in September of 1928. The original church on Morgan Street at Dement Avenue was dedicated on July 28, 1929.
The present building, housing a proposed gymnasium, to serve as a temporary church, was built on Brinton Avenue in 1958. The first Mass was offered on December 23, 1960.
St. Anne School opened for the first time on August 31st, 1964, with an enrollment of 125 children. Three School Sisters of Notre Dame and one lay teacher composed the faculty. More teachers were added as the school moved from four grades to six and then to the full eight plus Kindergarten. Physical education, art, and music teachers were subsequently added. A cooperative sports program with the public schools was instituted in 1965. There are now nine classrooms, Kindergarten through Eighth Grade, a social room, (also used as a Music Room, gym, and cafeteria), a computer room, and a library. The first graduation class was in 1969, and the first class that had completed the full eight grades in St. Anne School graduated in 1972. The 1971-72 school term saw the largest enrollment of 212 students.
In August of 1981, the seventh and eighth grades were moved to St. Mary School. St. Anne and St. Mary School's seventh and eighth graders were now combined to be a new school called Dixon Catholic Junior High School. This was a brave new effort which lasted six years. The Dixon Catholic Junior High School was dissolved in the summer of 1987. St. Anne Parish bought a double classroom module and brought the seventh and eighth graders back to St. Anne School. Present enrollment is 117 students.
St. Anne Parish comprises parishoners of middle class status, with the majority having high school and college backgrounds. It is a stable community, with a small amount of mobility which varies depending on economic factors in the city. The parish is very favorable to the school, and is shown by the financial support and participation in school functions (Catholic Schools Week, Programs, Market Day, etc.) The school itself is used for Religious Education Classes, other parish meetings such as Girl Scout Meetings, Sunday Morning Coffees, Home and School Mettings, Spititual Meetings, Baptismal Preparation Classes and others.
In the greater community, the school is recognized as a valuable asset. Students participate in community projects and in food and toy drives as well as academic competitions, including the American Legion Contest (in which we have had winners the last four years or more). Young Authors Program, and Learning Fair, to name a few. Community representatives are generous with their time whenever a request is made to come to school or to assist with various school projects.
In 2013, St. Anne begins its 50th year of quality education. A preschool program was added in the fall of 2004. Its addition has boosted enrollment. The school has also added a new module which houses the entire Jr. High Program and a new computer room. The school library has also been moved and expanded, allowing for a greater variety of materials. Efforts are also being made to speak to local parishes that do not have Catholic Schools, such as Oregon and Polo, and to offer our school as a means of extending Catholic Education to these communities.